Past Event: PTNPA Convention 2022
Kocotek to Attend PTNPA’s 2022 Convention
Kocotek will be highlighting the newly patented Log5 Dry Pasteurizer at the upcoming PTNPA Convention from January 14-17, 2022.
Countdown to Event
Log5 Pasteurization Advantages
- Continuous system, at ambient pressure using modest temperatures.
- All natural (no chemicals)
- Very gentle – product quality is the same coming out as it is going in (virtually impossible to detect any differences)
- No direct steam -> product contact, nothing gets wet – also the equipment stays dry. This is crucial to maintain product quality and safety, especially for moisture sensitive products such as walnuts, pecans, pistachios and sunflower seeds
- Ability to manipulate product moisture content (slightly up or down) depending on crop year
- TERP approved for Log5 reduction
- Energy efficient, low operational costs at less than 2 cents per pound (not including depreciation of the equipment)
- Easy to clean – first plant with CIP (automated Clean In Place system) will be installed this fall
- Small footprint
- Developed, engineered and constructed in house. We have our own process development and engineering and construction departments as well as installation and service crews traveling the country.
Bill Morecraft, SVP
“Food safety and high–quality standards are top priorities for Blue Diamond Growers. As a leader in almond innovation, we use Log5 state of the art technology for all of our nut pasteurization needs. Log5 achieves a minimum 4 log Salmonella reduction without compromising almond texture and skin quality. Log5’s advanced technology is effective, environmentally friendly, eliminates the need for chemical treatment, and better preserves the quality of each Blue Diamond almond kernel, delivering a superior ingredient to our global brand and food service partners.”
Kiran Black, Marketing Manager | Keith Wehri, CEO
“Sacramento Valley Walnut Growers prides itself on being at the forefront of food safety, product quality and technical expertise to serve customers in the retail, manufacturing and food service sectors. After years of testing, Log5’s nut pasteurization system is best suited for walnuts. It achieves the desired kill step while preserving the delicate nature of walnuts by maintaining appearance, taste and texture. The Log5 continuous nut process technology enhances our high-quality product offerings by allowing treatment of all product sizes with an all-natural treatment method.”
Wes Dick, Sales Manager
“We spent about two-and-a-half years researching seed equipment and found only one manufacturer that would give 5-log reduction or more without drastically changing the sunflower itself. Log5 gave us log reduction and its equipment holds the characteristics of the sunflower. We tested the equipment, ordered it and installed it in our Fargo, N.D. facility.”